June 10, 2020
Kandahar Lodge's Commitment to You
Posted by: Tiffany Nitschke
SAFETY FIRST IS OUR #1 CORE VALUE
Kandahar Lodge’s safety promise is our commitment to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. Through this program, we will ensure that everyone feels safe when staying with us.
- SAFE: Ensure adequate physical Heighten hygiene & distancing
- CLEAN: Heighten hygiene & sanitation protocols
- INFORMED: Rigorous staff training & communications
- PEACE OF MIND: Taking a positive approach
Our team is diligently implementing these distancing and cleaning initiatives in collaboration with local, state, and federal organizations. These initiatives may be adapted based on health recommendations as the global health crisis and recovery evolves.
SAFE: Ensure adequate physical distancing
- We have applied Plexiglass barriers, contactless payment and express checkouts wherever possible.
- In our public spaces, guests will see our team helping to ensure we all work together and that everyone flows through the spaces appropriately – particularly in open spaces such as the breakfast area and the front desk areas.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided to all lodging staff; room cleaning staff will wear face masks and gloves when working in guest rooms and in the common areas of the Lodge.
- To limit contact, we will not be providing cleaning for multiple night stays unless requested.
- Our great room, lounge, and restaurant areas will have reduced capacities. Seating will be reduced to promote physical distancing.
- We will be screening our team members for illness at the beginning of each shift.
CLEAN: Heighten hygiene and sanitation protocols
- Guests can expect extra-stringent room cleaning protocols between each guest stay and high frequency cleaning of all public spaces throughout the day.
- We have introduced increased cleaning protocols with CDC approved cleaners. Disinfecting will be frequent and thorough.
- We’ve removed all unnecessary touch points within our guest rooms and will rely on single-use amenities whenever possible.
- We will disinfect amenities and touchpoints that remain in the rooms, such as TV remotes, refrigerators, AC units, window cranks, light switches and doorknobs.
- We have placed hand sanitizing stations throughout all common areas.
- In staff spaces, we have improved and enhanced our cleaning protocols. We have implemented staggered lunch schedules and removed chairs to promote social distancing wherever possible.
INFORMED: Rigorous staff training and communications
- We know how important teamwork is to keep our staff, guests, and communities safe. All distancing and cleaning measures will be clearly communicated so they can be successfully implemented.
- Our staff training is more rigorous than ever. We are always evolving and improving.
- Our on-site signage and pre-arrival communications aim to be clear and straight-forward. We aim to ensure both guests and staff will support these measures.
- We have new protocols for guests and staff illness reporting and management to help ensure healthy people stay that way.
- We are committed to ongoing engagement and collaboration with our industry and governmental partners, ensuring we are aligned in protecting our guests, staff and community.
PEACE OF MIND: Taking a positive approach
- We believe travel makes the world a better place. It creates strong connections in unexpected ways, builds communities and strengthens our understanding and empathy. Now more than ever, it’s time we all work together.
- As practitioners of exceptional hospitality, we’re committed to inspiring those around us. We value optimism and so we smile and incorporate laughter and joy into our experiences.
- We believe this remarkable area (Northwest Montana) has the power to heal and inspire. We are grateful to live and work here. We invite guests to join us in experiencing the power of this iconic destination.
A MESSAGE FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER
On behalf of Kandahar Lodge, I want to thank you for the trust you place in us. As always, your comfort, well-being, and safety continue to be our highest priorities.
Kandahar Lodge extends our concern to all individuals affected directly or indirectly by coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to providing a comfortable and healthy environment for our guests and team members and are closely monitoring the evolving situation.
In response to current concerns and recommendations, with guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force, we have supplemented our best practices concerning comprehensive health and safety procedures. As we continue to adapt our behavior, I want to advise you of a few of the additional measures we’re taking to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- Our teams receive ongoing communication and enhanced operation protocols.
- All high-touch areas are treated with additional disinfectant/sanitizer and with increased frequency. These areas include public door handles, handrails, elevator surfaces, shuttle vehicles, lobby areas, restrooms, and more.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use throughout hotel common areas.
- In-room amenities such as glassware, mugs, have been replaced with pre-packaged, disposable alternatives.
- Other in-room amenities such as hair dryers, coffee makers, irons and boards, and plates and bowls have also been removed. These items remain available by contacting the front desk staff on an as-needed basis.
- Physical distancing is facilitated by a plexiglass shield separating guests from front desk personnel. Please maintain the proper 6 foot social distancing throughout the Lodge. It is highly recommended that masks be worn while in the common areas of the Lodge, as proper distancing may not be available at all times (such as in staircases).
- Reduced restaurant seating and table arrangements provide physical distance between guests that are not together.
- Every team member completes a health and wellness screening upon arrival for work each day, and team member health is monitored throughout the day.
We encourage all guests and require all team members to follow recommended preventative measures to protect themselves and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with a minimum of 80% ethanol or 75% isopropyl alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow. After coughing or sneezing, wash your hands or apply an approved hand sanitizer.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting cleaner.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining 6 feet between yourself and others with whom you do not reside. Wear a face mask when physical distancing is impractical.
For guests that wish to cancel an upcoming stay, we have added flexibility to our cancellation policy for reservations.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and recommendations of the CDC, WHO, State of Montana, and the Flathead County Health Department. If you have questions about your upcoming stay, please contact us at 406.862.6098, toll-free 800.862.6095, or email us at email@example.com, or personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kandahar Lodge is a privately owned condominium hotel that strives to provide exceptional guest experiences in a fun and friendly environment. When challenges arise, so do opportunities to support one another as we can. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to Whitefish!
We continue to monitor the advice of government agencies and encourage you to stay informed by referencing reputable sources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization
Montana Governor's Coronavirus Task Force https://covid19.mt.gov/
Flathead County Health Department